CREEP INTO THE DEEPEND, YEAR 3: The deep is by far the largest affected habitat from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Join diverse scientists as they continue their long-term investigation on impacts of this environmental disaster on the deep-sea from December 4 to 8, 2017.
Creep Into the DEEPEND is a WhaleTimes, Inc. Virtual Research Mission, in cooperation with the DEEPEND Consortium and the Oceanscape Network. For more information visit whaletimes.org
• Monday: Fish Parasites by Matt Woodstock
• Tuesday: Oddities of the Deep (Mystery of the Monster Baby by Heather Bracken-Grissom and It’s Not Odd, It’s A Heteropod by Kris Clark)
• Wednesday: Babies of the Deep-Sea (Studying Baby Snappers by Sebastian Velez and Baby Crustaceans by Laura Timm)
• Thursday: Strange Adaptations of the Deep (Silver Camouflaging by Tammy Frank)
• Friday: Eating Strategies of Deep-Sea Animals (Into the Gape by April Cook)